Monday, January 13, 2020

Babydoll

Mirror, Mirror

Ft. MASC, Enchante, Heaux,


So when i was a young child.. my grandmother got me this Nigerian Barbie doll, and a few other choice dolls, who all happened to deep chocolate skinned, and i can admit i was so young at the time and didn't think about it so much when it came to the significance of having such a doll, even just one who looked like myself. These days as a grown person looking back on that time, i can clearly see, enjoy and appreciate the significance of such a thing. I mean it seems so small, but when you think about it in the grander scale of the world, especially the world of little dark skinned girls, or boys light, medium and everything in between how important and healthy it is to see beautiful representations of themselves, in whatever form. As i've said before i always figured i was a boy until about puberty, so the impact of this was lost on me at the beginning, but as a person who can't really "be" gender conforming... that part of me, the part the world CAN see, the blackness of me, that part of me adores the idea, and this is an homage to that young person who absolutely needed something to look up to and to be proud of.


I spent a LOT of my formative years being told i was ugly, that nobody would ever want me, as well as various other things for various reasons from my skin to my nose.and figured i would focus more on being intelligent(as much as one can)  and it wasn't until i was older that i felt any shred of attractiveness. To this very day as a person in their mid 30s i find myself "Moderately attractive." and don't take my looks nearly as seriously as i probably should. This isn't to say i have low self esteem, i don't i assure you.. but as all humans do, i have my ugly moments. I decided it was more important for me to like myself than it was to be worried about whether others who genuinely didn't care about me liked me.. and that is where i began. I wish during that time, even one person had said something kind, or reassuring, or that i had something to look forward to  so i knew there was light at the end of that tunnel. Today i of course know there was, but i often wonder, what about all the young ones of today? What and or whom do they have? as little as it seems, maybe it's more important than we give credit, even if a doll is just an inanimate object does that make it any less important? - Creep Dolly

☽The paint on the canvas!☾

Wig: Beusy: Vida Hairstyle
Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001
brows: Just Magnetized - Perfect Eyebrows - set 02
body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V4.1
Lipstick: MASC - " The Shade"  Collection High Shine  HD Glosses
Jacket: Pseudo- Trucker Jacket Slim Fit Light
Bodysuit: [Enchante'] - Lilian Body -  (gacha)
Bow: [Enchante'] - Lilian Bow (gacha)
Choker: [Enchante'] - Lilian Choker (gacha)
Eyes: [Heaux] Sparkle Eyes - DISCOUNT FATPACK (Discounted for group members until end of january)
Skin: Moccino Beaute - Genus Skin Applier - Duckie Chocolate



Windlight Pose & Backdrop: 
FOXCITY x HoS Photo Booth - Underground (Rez)
Cassie - Neverland light
STUN - Pose Pack Collection Bento 'Rosalia' #114 

No comments:

Post a Comment

//~FIN~//

  ☽The paint on the canvas!☾ Cyber Tat: [AERTH] La selene Green EVOX @CyberPunk Fair by FFE   Skin: [LERONSO] JENEIL skin for Lelutka EVO X ...